Friday & Saturday, Feb. 8-9
Reunion Weekend (Classes of ’69, ’74, ’79, ’84, ’89, ’94, ’04, ’09 and ’14)
Come back to campus for reunion during UCI Homecoming, February 8 & 9, 2019, and enjoy an exciting series of events – from a showcase of university deans, to networking opportunities, to cocktails with your classmates to an exclusive hospitality tent during Homecoming. This is your chance to relive your UCI memories, make some new ones and reconnect with the classmates who helped create them.
Registration for Reunion Weekend includes your admission to the Homecoming Festival – Party int he Park on Saturday, Feb. 9.
Saturday, Feb. 9
Homecoming Festival – Party in the Park
Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Party in the Park at UCI Homecoming! Bring your Anteater friends and celebrate at our campuswide festival in the heart of UCI at Aldrich Park. The festival will feature the following:
- Firework Show! – Enjoy an exciting show before the men’s basketball game.
- Ferris Wheel – Take a trip to see Aldrich Park from the sky for free.
- Family Fun Zone – Anteater families can enjoy carnival games, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- Beer & Wine Garden – Walk through the entire party with your Anteater Ale, craft beer or wine in hand (21+ only).
- Food Trucks & Carnival Food – Alumni-owned or operated food trucks. PLUS additional carnival food options including kettle corn, funnel cake, shaved ice, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, hamburgers, burritos, nachos and more!
- Live Music & Dance Performances – Rock your favorite moves with fellow Anteaters.
- Art in the Park – Enjoy and purchase art created by Anteaters.
- School Exhibits – Reconnect with your school, meet the deans and enjoy interactive activities.
- Class Reunion – Register today! Your ticket to your class reunion covers registration for the Party in the Park and basketball game.
- Guest Appearances – Meet and snap selfies with Peter the Anteater, the UCI Spirit Squad, the Homecoming court, coaches, players and others.
- FREE Alumni Gift – The first 1,000 alumni will receive a FREE UCI Alumni gift, while supplies last.
Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ
Festival in Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Join fellow Social Science alumni at the Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ, hosted by dean Bill Maurer. Tip-off game day Anteater-style at 2 p.m. with our pre-game, school-sponsored BBQ with beer and wine in the Social Sciences Tent at Aldrich Park at the Homecoming Festival. Come for good food and fun before the Anteaters take on University of Hawai’i.
Men’s Basketball vs. Hawai’i
Bren Events Center | 7 p.m.
Join thousands of Anteaters as we cheer on our men’s basketball team as they host University of Hawai’i in Big West Conference play! UCI Athletics is offering alumni up to six discounted game tickets while supplies last.* Choose from two options: $5 General Admission (first come, first serve) and $7 Reserved Seating (assigned seating). While the registrant must be an alumnus/na, the guest(s) does not have to be. These tickets are non-transferable. Purchase your tickets before they sell out!
Reasons why our men’s team is ready to win!
- Picked as preseason favorites to win Big West Conference
- Off to best start since 2001-01 season (9-2 record)
- Ranked #17 in national mid-major rankings
- Beat Texas A&M and St. Mary’s on the road. Have the 3rd longest road winning streak in the county (8) behind Virginia (10) and Gonzaga (9).
- Coach Turner recently became the 2nd winning-est coach in UCI Basketball team history (164 wins)
If you are registered for Reunion Weekend, your festival and game tickets are included in the cost of your program registration.
*Festival attendance is required for discounted basketball game tickets.
NOTE: All children six or older require a game ticket. Youth tickets are $7 each and can can be purchased in advance from the Bren Events Center Box Office in person or online. Children under six are complimentary as long as they are seated in a guardian’s lap. Current UCI students can attend the game for free with valid student ID but are restricted to the designated student seating area.
Have a large group? Groups who wish to sit together should place a single reserved ticket order (cannot exceed six seats) or choose general admission tickets.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in being a Homecoming sponsor? Contact Denise Khaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.