Friday & Saturday, Feb. 8-9
Reunion Weekend (Classes of ’69, ’74, ’79, ’84, ’89, ’94, ’04, ’09 and ’14)
Come back to campus for reunion during UCI Homecoming, February 8 & 9, 2019, and enjoy an exciting series of events – from a showcase of university deans, to networking opportunities, to cocktails with your classmates to an exclusive hospitality tent during Homecoming. This is your chance to relive your UCI memories, make some new ones and reconnect with the classmates who helped create them. Registration for Reunion Weekend includes your admission to the Homecoming Festival – Party int he Park on Saturday, Feb. 9.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email with important details on Wednesday 2/6, please contact Tori Bernatz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 824-9507.
Registration for Reunion Weekend is closed. If you haven’t registered, walk-up registration will be available on Saturday 2/9. Come find us on the second floor of the Student Center between 9:30 – 11 a.m.
Saturday, Feb. 9
Homecoming Festival – Party in the Park
Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Registration for the Party in the Park Festival is closed. Day of walk ups are welcome.
Party in the Park at UCI Homecoming! Bring your Anteater friends and celebrate at our campuswide festival in the heart of UCI at Aldrich Park. The festival will feature the following:
- Firework Show! – Enjoy an exciting show sponsored by Geico before the men’s basketball game.
- Ferris Wheel – Take a trip to see Aldrich Park from the sky for free.
- Courtside Seat Drawing – Enter for a chance to win two courtside seats to the basketball game!
- Family Fun Zone – Anteater families can enjoy carnival games, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- Trailblazer Scavenger Hunt – Go on a wilderness adventure and collect prizes the more you discover. Prizes include a two-night stay at AC Hotel Irvine, UCI sweatshirts, bags and more.
- Live Band – Enjoy the beats of 80’s cover band, Flashback Heart Attack.
- eSports Free Gaming – Bring out your competitive side at our free gaming station. Also make sure to check out our 2018 League of Legends National Championship trophy!
- Fortnite Dance Competition – Show off your dance moves to win prizes and the title of UCI Fortnite Dance Champion.
- Beer Garden – Walk through the entire party with your craft beer in hand (21+ only).
- Food Trucks & Carnival Food – Alumni-owned or operated food trucks. PLUS additional carnival food options including kettle corn, funnel cake, shaved ice, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, hamburgers, burritos, nachos and more!
- Live Music & Dance Performances – Watch the dance skills of our student dance crews and see the powerful performance of our Japanese drummers, Jodaiko.
- Art in the Park – View art created by Anteaters and create your own with our wood Make & Take craft.
- Themed Tents – Learn about UCI and participate in interactive activities in our large themed tents, including…
- Health & Wellness: Anti-Cancer Challenge Bike Giveaway, Alzheimer’s Brain Demo, Mega Colon, walk through the GIANT brain
- Innovation & Ingenuity: Artificial Intelligence Interactions, Zot Tank: Your Billion Dollar Idea
- Local & Global: Poverty Alleviation Service Project, Ocean Exhibit
- Art & Culture: Art in the Park, Wood Make & Take, Community Service Project
- Alumni: Chapters, UCI Alumni Association travel programs, The Anteater Network
- Campus Life: Student Clubs and Organization’s, campus programs
- Guest Appearances – Meet and snap selfies with Peter the Anteater, the UCI Spirit Squad, the Homecoming court, coaches, players and others.
- FREE Alumni Gift – The first 1,000 alumni will receive a FREE UCI Alumni water bottle, while supplies last.
Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ
Festival in Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Join fellow Social Science alumni at the Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ, hosted by dean Bill Maurer. Tip-off game day Anteater-style at 2 p.m. with our pre-game, school-sponsored BBQ with beer and wine in the Social Sciences Tent at Aldrich Park at the Homecoming Festival. Come for good food and fun before the Anteaters take on University of Hawai’i.
Registration for the Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ is closed.
Men’s Basketball vs. Hawai’i
Bren Events Center | 7 p.m.
Join thousands of Anteaters as we cheer on our men’s basketball team as they host University of Hawai’i in Big West Conference play! Discounted game tickets are no longer available. To purchase tickets, please visit the Bren Box Office. Game tickets are non-transferable. Purchase your tickets before they sell out!
Reasons why our men’s team is ready to win!
- Picked as preseason favorites to win Big West Conference
- Off to best start since 2001-01 season (9-2 record)
- Ranked #17 in national mid-major rankings
- Beat Texas A&M and St. Mary’s on the road. Have the 3rd longest road winning streak in the county (8) behind Virginia (10) and Gonzaga (9).
- Coach Turner recently became the 2nd winning-est coach in UCI Basketball team history (164 wins)
If you are registered for Reunion Weekend, your festival and game tickets are included in the cost of your program registration.
NOTE: All children six or older require a game ticket. Youth tickets are $7 each and can can be purchased in advance from the Bren Events Center Box Office in person or online. Children under six are complimentary as long as they are seated in a guardian’s lap. Current UCI students can attend the game for free with valid student ID but are restricted to the designated student seating area.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in being a Homecoming sponsor? Contact Denise Khaw at email@example.com.