Friday & Saturday, Feb. 28-29
Reunion Weekend (Classes of ’70, ’75, ’80, ’85, ’90, ’95, ’00, ’05, ’10 & ’15)
Come back to campus for reunion during UCI Homecoming, February 28 & 29, 2020, and enjoy an exciting series of events – from a showcase of university deans, to networking opportunities, to cocktails with your classmates to an exclusive hospitality tent during Homecoming. This is your chance to relive your UCI memories, make some new ones and reconnect with the classmates who helped create them. Registration for Reunion Weekend includes your admission to the Homecoming Festival on Saturday, Feb. 29.
If you don’t receive a confirmation email with important details on Wednesday 2/26, please contact Tori Bernatz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 824-9507.
Saturday, Feb. 29
Homecoming Festival – Party in the Park
Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Party in the Park at UCI Homecoming! Bring your Anteater friends and celebrate at our campuswide festival in the heart of UCI at Aldrich Park. The festival will feature the following:
- Firework Show! – Enjoy an exciting show sponsored by Geico before the men’s basketball game.
- Ferris Wheel – Take a trip to see Aldrich Park from the sky for free.
- Courtside Seat Drawing – Enter for a chance to win two courtside seats to the basketball game!
- Family Fun Zone – Anteater families can enjoy carnival games, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- Scavenger Hunt – Go on a wilderness adventure and collect prizes the more you discover. Prizes include a two-night stay at AC Hotel Irvine, UCI sweatshirts, bags and more.
- Live Band –
- Beer Garden – Walk through the entire party with your craft beer in hand (21+ only).
- Food Trucks & Carnival Food – Alumni-owned or operated food trucks. PLUS additional carnival food options including kettle corn, funnel cake, shaved ice, hot dogs, hamburgers, burritos, nachos and more!
- Live Music & Dance Performances – Watch the dance and music skills of our students.
- Tents – Learn about UCI and participate in interactive activities in our large themed tents, including…
- Advance the American Dream
- Transform Healthcare and Wellness
- Accelerate World-Changing Research
- Explore the Human Experience
- Alumni: Chapters, UCI Alumni Association travel programs, The Anteater Network
- Guest Appearances – Meet and snap selfies with Peter the Anteater, the UCI Spirit Squad, the Homecoming court, coaches, players and others.
- FREE Alumni Gift – The first 1,000 alumni will receive a FREE gift!
Men’s Basketball vs. UC Santa Barbara
Bren Events Center | 7 p.m.
Join thousands of Anteaters as we cheer on our men’s basketball team as they host UCSB in Big West Conference play! Discounted game tickets are part of Festival registration. Game tickets are non-transferable. Purchase your tickets before they sell out!
Reasons why our men’s team is ready to win!
- Coming off the most successful season in the history of UCI Men’s Basketball – 31 wins including the first ever win in the NCAA Tournament!
- The Anteaters return 9 student-athletes from last year’s team including 4 starters and 3 all-conference selections
- The Anteaters are led by four seniors who are all products of southern California public high schools – Evan Leonard, John Edgar Jr., Tommy Rutherford, and Eyassu Worku
- Picked as preseason favorites to win the Big West Conference
- Head Coach Russ Turner started the season just 9 wins shy of being the all-time winningest coach in UCI Men’s Basketball history
If you are registered for Reunion Weekend, your festival and game tickets are included in the cost of your program registration.
NOTE: All children six or older require a game ticket. Youth tickets are $7 each and can can be purchased in advance from the Bren Events Center Box Office in person or online. Children under six are complimentary as long as they are seated in a guardian’s lap. Current UCI students can attend the game for free with valid student ID but are restricted to the designated student seating area.
Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ
Festival in Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Join fellow Social Science alumni at the Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ, hosted by Dean Bill Maurer. Tip-off game day Anteater-style at 2 p.m. with our pre-game, school-sponsored BBQ with beer and wine in the Social Sciences Tent at Aldrich Park at the Homecoming Festival.
Registration for the Social Sciences Homecoming BBQ is part of the Festival registration form.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in being a Homecoming sponsor? Contact Chris Ruoff at email@example.com.