Friday & Saturday, Feb. 8-9
Anteater Family Weekend
Registration for Anteater Family Weekend is closed.
Calling all UCI parents! Anteater Family Weekend offers you and your family the opportunity to come back to campus and share the UCI experience with your Anteater! Together, you will be able to get a snapshot into the university life of your student and see how UCI continues to achieve excellence in teaching, research and public service.
Together, you will be able to take classes, meet with professors and deans, attend “Zotpalooza,” take a photo with Peter the Anteater and enjoy refreshments and grub at one of the many social events! Note: Festival tickets are included in the cost of your Anteater Family Weekend registration. You do not need to register for Homecoming Weekend separately.
Parents, guardians and other family members of current UCI students are welcome to attend!
Saturday, Feb. 9
Homecoming Festival – Party in the Park
Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Party in the Park at UCI Homecoming! Bring your Anteater friends and celebrate at our campuswide festival in the heart of UCI at Aldrich Park. The festival will feature the following:
- Firework Show! – Enjoy an exciting show sponsored by Geico before the men’s basketball game.
- Ferris Wheel – Take a trip to see Aldrich Park from the sky for free.
- Courtside Seat Drawing – Enter for a chance to win two courtside seats to the basketball game!
- Family Fun Zone – Anteater families can enjoy carnival games, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- Trailblazer Scavenger Hunt – Go on a wilderness adventure and collect prizes the more you discover. Prizes include a two-night stay at AC Hotel Irvine, UCI sweatshirts, bags and more.
- Live Band – Enjoy the beats of 80’s cover band, Flashback Heart Attack.
- eSports Free Gaming – Bring out your competitive side at our free gaming station. Also make sure to check out our 2018 League of Legends National Championship trophy!
- Fortnite Dance Competition – Show off your dance moves to win prizes and the title of UCI Fortnite Dance Champion.
- Beer Garden – Walk through the entire party with your craft beer in hand (21+ only).
- Food Trucks & Carnival Food – Alumni-owned or operated food trucks. PLUS additional carnival food options including kettle corn, funnel cake, shaved ice, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, hamburgers, burritos, nachos and more!
- Live Music & Dance Performances – Watch the dance skills of our student dance crews and see the powerful performance of our Japanese drummers, Jodaiko.
- Art in the Park – View art created by Anteaters and create your own with our wood Make & Take craft.
- Themed Tents – Learn about UCI and participate in interactive activities in our large themed tents, including…
- Health & Wellness: Anti-Cancer Challenge Bike Giveaway, Alzheimer’s Brain Demo, Mega Colon, walk through the GIANT brain
- Innovation & Ingenuity: Artificial Intelligence Interactions, Zot Tank: Your Billion Dollar Idea
- Local & Global: Poverty Alleviation Service Project, Ocean Exhibit
- Art & Culture: Art in the Park, Wood Make & Take, Community Service Project
- Alumni: Chapters, UCI Alumni Association travel programs, The Anteater Network
- Campus Life: Student Clubs and Organization’s, campus programs
- Guest Appearances – Meet and snap selfies with Peter the Anteater, the UCI Spirit Squad, the Homecoming court, coaches, players and others.
- FREE Alumni Gift – The first 1,000 alumni will receive a FREE UCI Alumni water bottle, while supplies last.
NOTE: Your ticket to the Anteater Family Weekend covers registration for the Party in the Park festival.
Registration for the Party in the Park Festival is closed. Walk ups are welcome.
Men’s Basketball vs. Hawai’i
Bren Events Center | 7 p.m.
Join thousands of Anteaters as we cheer on our men’s basketball team as they host University of Hawai’i in Big West Conference play! Purchase your tickets before they sell out! Homecoming game tickets are currently available via mini plans or ticket packages through the Bren Events Center Box Office. Homecoming single game tickets go on-sale to the general public on January 7th at 10am. Adult ticket prices range from $11-$26. All children six or older require a game ticket. Children under six are complimentary as long as they are seated in a guardian’s lap.
Reasons why our men’s team is ready to win!
- Picked as preseason favorites to win Big West Conference
- Off to best start since 2000-01 season (9-2 record)
- Ranked #17 in national mid-major rankings
- Beat Texas A&M and St. Mary’s on the road. Have the 3rd longest road winning streak in the county (8) behind Virginia (10) and Gonzaga (9).
- Coach Turner recently became the 2nd winning-est coach in UCI Basketball team history (164 wins)
If you are registered for Anteater Family Weekend, your festival entry is included in the cost of your program registration.
NOTE: Current UCI students can attend the game for free with valid student ID but are restricted to the designated student seating area.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in being a Homecoming sponsor? Contact Denise Khaw at email@example.com.