Friday & Saturday, Feb. 28-29
Anteater Family Weekend
Calling all UCI parents! Anteater Family Weekend offers you and your family the opportunity to come back to campus and share the UCI experience with your Anteater! Together, you will be able to get a snapshot into the life of your student and see how the university continues to achieve excellence in teaching, research, and public service.
Together, you will be able to take classes, meet with professors and deans, attend “ZOTpalooza”, take a photo with Peter the Anteater and enjoy refreshments and grub at one of the many social events! Parents, guardians and other family members of current UCI students are welcome to attend!
Note: Festival tickets are included in the cost of your Anteater Family Weekend registration. You do not need to register for the Homecoming Festival separately.
Saturday, Feb. 29
PRE-REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. WALK-UPS ARE WELCOME!
Walk ups welcome * | Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m.
Bring your Anteater friends and celebrate at our campuswide festival in the heart of UCI at Aldrich Park.
The festival will feature the following:
- Firework Show! – Enjoy an exciting show sponsored by Geico before the men’s basketball game.
- Ferris Wheel – Take a trip to see Aldrich Park from the sky for free.
- Rock Wall & Sports Clinics
- Food Drive – Bring canned food items to support the Fresh Basic Needs Hub!
- Family Fun Zone – Anteater families can enjoy carnival games, digital caricature artists, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- Scavenger Hunt – Go on an adventure and collect prizes the more you discover. Prizes include UCI sweatshirts, sunglasses, and more.
- Live Band – Get the party started with Almost Classy – known for opening for such acts as Andy Grammer, Rascal Flatts, Wilson Phillips, ZZ Ward, and Brett Eldredge.
- Student vs. Alumni Competition – Join in the fun to see who has the skills to win UCI challenges, and ultimately the title of Homecoming Trophy winners.
- Beer Garden – Walk through the entire party with your craft beer in hand (21+ only).
- Food Trucks & Carnival Food – Alumni-owned or operated food trucks. PLUS additional carnival food options including kettle corn, funnel cake, hot dogs, hamburgers, burritos, nachos and more!
- Live Music & Dance Performances – Watch the dance and music skills of our students.
- Tents – Learn about UCI and participate in interactive activities in our large themed tents, including…
- Advancing the American Dream
- Ingenuity & Innovation
- Health & Wellness
- Brilliant Future
- Campus Life
- Alumni: Chapters, UCI Alumni Association travel programs, The Anteater Network
- Guest Appearances – Meet and snap selfies with Peter the Anteater, the UCI Spirit Squad, the Homecoming court, coaches, players and others.
- FREE Alumni Gift – The first 1,000 alumni will receive a FREE UCI beanie AND Anteater socks, while supplies last.
- FREE Student Gift – The first 1,000 students will receive a FREE UCI beanie, while supplies last.
NOTE: Your ticket to the Anteater Family Weekend covers registration for the Festival.
* Basketball game tickets are not for sale at the Festival and are not guaranteed through the Box Office as this game is expected to be a sell-out. Buy your tickets today to secure your spot!
Men’s Basketball vs. UC Santa Barbara
Bren Events Center | 7 p.m.
Join thousands of Anteaters as we cheer on our ‘Eaters as they host UCSB in Big West Conference play! Purchase your tickets before they sell out! Homecoming game tickets are currently available via Anteater Family Weekend ticketing.
For general ticketing inquiries, please contact the ticket office contact: email@example.com or 949-824-5000. Office are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Reasons why our men’s team is ready to win!
- Coming off the most successful season in the history of UCI Men’s Basketball – 31 wins including the first ever win in the NCAA Tournament!
- Earlier this season Evan Leonard, Eyassu Worku, and Tommy Rutherford each surpassed the 1,000 point mark in their careers. They become the first trio of Anteaters from the same class to reach that milestone.
- On January 15th, Head Coach Russell Turner earned his 198th win at UCI becoming the winningest coach in program history.The Anteaters are led in scoring (14.7ppg) and rebounds (6.8ppg) by Colin Welp who comes off the bench. (as of January 17th)
- As of January 17th Eyassu Worku (.486) and Colin Welp (.482) are the top 3 point shooters in the Big West Conference.
- True freshmen Austin Johnson leads the team in blocks accumulating 23 after just 18 games. (as of January 17th)
NOTE: Current UCI students can attend the game for free with valid student ID but are restricted to the designated student seating area. Learn more about student seating and tickets here >
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in being a Homecoming sponsor? Contact Chris Ruoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.