Monday-Friday, Feb. 4-8
Student Center Terrace, Presented by ASUCI
Homecoming is a long-standing UCI tradition that brings together the UCI community for a week of festivities and fun, all leading up to our huge festival in the park and basketball game on Saturday! ASUCI Homecoming events include:
- Daily games/activities, raffles and free food on the Student Center Terrace from 11-2 p.m., Monday-Friday. More specifics coming soon.
- Join us at the Bren on Saturday where we will crown our 2019 Homecoming king and queen!
The Homecoming court application is now closed and candidates are under review.
What does it mean to be on Homecoming Court?
It means you are an Anteater for life. UCI has become a home away from home for you and you want to be able to represent your school in life onward! Being part of Homecoming court and potentially king/queen means you are someone that truly exemplifies what it means to be an Anteater and have spent your time at UCI taking advantage of all this university has to offer.
Saturday, Feb. 9
Homecoming Festival – Party in the Park
Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m. | Free for UCI Students*
Party in the Park at UCI Homecoming! Bring your Anteater friends and celebrate at our campuswide festival in the heart of UCI at Aldrich Park. The festival will feature the following:
- Firework Show! – Enjoy an exciting show before the men’s basketball game.
- Ferris Wheel – Take a trip to see Aldrich Park from the sky for free.
- Family Fun Zone – Carnival games, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- Beer & Wine Garden – Walk through the entire party with your Anteater Ale, craft beer or wine in hand (21+ only).
- Food Trucks & Carnival Food – Alumni-owned or operated food trucks. PLUS additional carnival food options including kettle corn, funnel cake, shaved ice, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, hamburgers, burritos, nachos and more!
- Live Music & Dance Performances – Rock your favorite moves with fellow Anteaters.
- Art in the Park – Enjoy and purchase art created by Anteaters.
- School Exhibits – Reconnect with your school, meet the deans and enjoy interactive activities.
- Guest Appearances – Meet and snap selfies with Peter the Anteater, the UCI Spirit Squad, the Homecoming court, coaches, players and others.
* Student I.D. required.
Men’s Basketball vs. Hawai’i
Bren Events Center | 7 p.m.
Join thousands of Anteaters as we cheer on our men’s basketball team as they host University of Hawai’i in Big West Conference play! Purchase your tickets before they sell out! FREE to all full-time UC Irvine undergraduate students with valid ID. Graduate students, bring your student ID by to the Bren Events Center Box Office for student discounts.
Reasons why our men’s team is ready to win!
- Picked as preseason favorites to win Big West Conference
- Off to best start since 2000-01 season (9-2 record)
- Ranked #17 in national mid-major rankings
- Beat Texas A&M and St. Mary’s on the road. Have the 3rd longest road winning streak in the county (8) behind Virginia (10) and Gonzaga (9).
- Coach Turner recently became the 2nd winning-est coach in UCI Basketball team history (164 wins)
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in being a Homecoming sponsor? Contact Denise Khaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.