Monday-Friday, Feb. 24-28
Homecoming Spirit Week
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Student Center Terrace, Presented by ASUCI
Homecoming is a long-standing UCI tradition that brings together the UCI community for a week of festivities and fun, all leading up to our huge festival in the park and basketball game on Saturday! ASUCI Homecoming events include:
- Daily games/activities, raffles and free food on the Student Center Terrace from 11-2 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Join us at the Bren on Saturday where we will crown our 2020 Homecoming king and queen.
Homecoming Court – Vote today!
Cast your vote for your Homecoming king and queen! Check out the list of candidates at asuci.uci.edu/homecoming
Voting will occur 9 a.m. Feb 24 – 5 p.m. Feb 28 at https://www.elections.uci.edu/homecoming/.
What does it mean to be on Homecoming Court?
It means you are an Anteater for life. UCI has become a home away from home for you and you want to be able to represent your school in life onward! Being part of Homecoming court and potentially king/queen means you are someone that truly exemplifies what it means to be an Anteater and have spent your time at UCI taking advantage of all this university has to offer.
Saturday, Feb. 29
Aldrich Park | 2-6 p.m. | Free for UCI Students – Student I.D. required
Bring your Anteater friends and celebrate at our campuswide festival in the heart of UCI at Aldrich Park. The festival will feature the following:
- FREE Student Gift – The first time ever! The first 1,000 students will receive a FREE UCI beanie, while supplies last, UCI student I.D. required. Pick up at the Geico tent.
- Firework Show! – Enjoy an exciting show sponsored by Geico before the men’s basketball game.
- Ferris Wheel – Take a trip to see Aldrich Park from the sky for free.
- Canned Food Drive – Bring canned food items to support the Fresh Basic Needs Hub!
- Rock Wall & Sports Clinics
- Student vs. Alumni Competition – Join in the fun to see who has the skills to win UCI challenges, and ultimately the title of Homecoming Trophy winners.
- Family Fun Zone – Anteater families can enjoy carnival games, digital caricature artists, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- Scavenger Hunt – Go on an adventure and collect prizes the more you discover. Prizes include UCI sweatshirts, sunglasses, and more.
- Live Band – Get the party started with Almost Classy – known for opening for such acts as Andy Grammer, Rascal Flatts, Wilson Phillips, ZZ Ward, and Brett Eldredge.
- Beer Garden – Walk through the entire party with your craft beer in hand (21+ only).
- Food Trucks & Carnival Food – Alumni-owned or operated food trucks. PLUS additional carnival food options including kettle corn, funnel cake, hot dogs, hamburgers, burritos, nachos and more!
- Live Music & Dance Performances – Watch the dance and music skills of our students.
- Tents – Learn about UCI and participate in interactive activities in our large themed tents, including…
- Advancing the American Dream
- Ingenuity & Innovation
- Health & Wellness
- Brilliant Future
- Campus Life
- Alumni: Chapters, UCI Alumni Association travel programs, The Anteater Network
- Guest Appearances – Meet and snap selfies with Peter the Anteater, the UCI Spirit Squad, the Homecoming court, coaches, players and others.
Men’s Basketball vs. UC Santa Barbara
Bren Events Center | 7 p.m.
Did you hear?! The men’s basketball game is sold out to the general public! Join thousands of Anteaters as we cheer on our men’s basketball team as they host UCSB in Big West Conference play!
FREE to all full-time UCI undergraduate students with valid ID. Graduate students, bring your student ID by to the Bren Events Center Box Office for student discounts.
Reasons why our men’s team is ready to win!
- Coming off the most successful season in the history of UCI Men’s Basketball – 31 wins including the first ever win in the NCAA Tournament!
- Earlier this season Evan Leonard, Eyassu Worku, and Tommy Rutherford each surpassed the 1,000 point mark in their careers. They become the first trio of Anteaters from the same class to reach that milestone.
- On January 15th, Head Coach Russell Turner earned his 198th win at UCI becoming the winningest coach in program history.The Anteaters are led in scoring (14.7ppg) and rebounds (6.8ppg) by Colin Welp who comes off the bench. (as of January 17th)
- As of January 17th Eyassu Worku (.486) and Colin Welp (.482) are the top 3 point shooters in the Big West Conference.
- True freshmen Austin Johnson leads the team in blocks accumulating 23 after just 18 games. (as of January 17th)
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in being a Homecoming sponsor? Contact Chris Ruoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.